Right-of-Way Occupancy Permits

A Right-of-Way Occupancy Permit (ROCC), previously referred to as a Street Occupancy Permit (SOP), is a provision of Tacoma Municipal Code (TMC) 9.08 Right-of-Way Occupancies. It is a permit that allows for private use of the public right-of-way.

**Please note, there are certain structures not allowed under a Right-of-Way Occupancy permit.**

      • Permanent Structures or Portions Thereof – to include any new commercial or residential building structure or items of encroachment into the Right-of-Way such as door swings.
      • Storage Structures – to include any structures such as sheds, greenhouses, or similar storage facilities.




Sidewalk Cafes

Groundwater Monitoring Wells (GMW)

Additional Resources